Sunday, September 16, 2007

Turn your Mac into a Karaoke Machine

Setting up your Mac to play karaoke is so fucking easy, I'm amazed:

  1. Get a mic. USB mics are cheap. Headset mics are cheap. Whatever.
  2. Google ".kar files" and download a few songs that you like. This site has a few thousand .kar files for free.
  3. Play the .kar file in Quicktime. Listen to the cheesy midi sounds, watch the lyrics scroll across the screen. It's just like renting a booth in Japantown, but with a better song selection and without dropping a hundred large.
  4. That's it. Quicktime natively supports karaoke files. Go nuts.
  5. Sing "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" and "Livin' On A Prayer."
Not sure if it works on PCs or not, it got passed to me and I'm no expert.

1 comment:

cold4thestreets said...

Whatevs, you shame me with your generosity. You give and you give, and I just take. Thank you for this post. Thank you for being a friend. Travel down the road and back again.