Monday, September 24, 2007

Deerhoof

Whatevs, I appreciate your Deerhoof post--not because I like the band; in fact I find their music a bit abstruse. What can I say? On these simpleton ears, their alleged, Pitchfork-approved genius is lost. However, I have apparently moved in across the street from vocalist/bassist Satomi Matsuzaki, and that's worth a blog mention. Moreover, while I've left the Eastern Time Zone, I'm still right by He Man. Oh, He Man, how wonderful life is, now you're in the world.

ps -- Fun Game: How many indie bands with "deer" or "dear" in their names can you think of?

4 comments:

Whatevs said...

Wait a second, did I just get told? The inclusion of a video from Moulin Rouge as well as call out of Pitchfork. I think an "oh snap!" is in order.

cold4thestreets said...

No, no. Sarcasm is the scoundrel's last refuge.

hemanzero said...

I always thought it was Oakland...

cold4thestreets said...

You guys are no fun. Let me get it going here: Deerhoof, Deerhunter, The Dears, Dear Nora, Loney, Dear, Mathew Dear...