Monday, September 17, 2007

Kanye -- The Counterpoint

So, I've been away from this gathering of souls, minds and energy we call HMWH for some time. Trust me, I felt the absence within, but now I'm back, and I'm just thinking--strip away the bullshit, the self-aggrandizement, the petulance, the superficiality, the materialism, the chipmunk vocal samples, the sampling in general, and, umm, Kanye's 3 LP career opening arc has redefined the game. Not the game of hip hop. I leave HMZ and his ilk to canonize and demonize when it comes to MC's. I'm talking about the global pop music game. The Graduation singles are burners and the whole disc's Euro-vibe is hott. I love it. Why does my soul stir, HMZ? I need you to berate me, call me names, because I'm thinking, despite everything, this motherfucker is the truth, and um, you're a hater, A.C. Slater.

1 comment:

hemanzero said...

ARRRRRRRGH! I need to lawyer the shit out of some people and then there will be more later on this.