Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shirley Bassey - Get the Party Started



Wait . . . what the fuck? Is that Shirley "Goldfinger" Bassey covering Pink? Don't get me wrong, I love Shirley Bassey. But why this song? I feel like if she had done a little bit darker of a tune (I'm thinking "Float On" by Modest Mouse) she would have sounded a million times more natural. And what director did she hire that pitched her this bizarre fucking video. It looks like a Calvin Klein Obsession ad from 1994. Come on girl! You're better than this. If your eyes hurt, I'll direct you to this remix of her fantastic song "Where Do I Begin (Love Story)" by awayTeam.

1 comment:

Gaya said...

Hi! Come to my blog, and if you want, post a comment! I'm italian, and I know than you don't understand the italian, but I like your blog... visit mine!