Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Not There

I guess that this is the sort of thing for Heman Woman Haters, but it's a clip from I'm Not Here, the Bob Dylan bio-pic. It's the movie where they're using lots of different actors to play Dylan (in this case it's Cate Blanchett) at different stages of his life. Plus you've got David Cross playing Allen Ginsberg which is such a mindfuck for me because you've got one of my favorite comedians of all time playing one of my favorite poets of all time. It's like if you cast Jessica Biel to play a huge BLT sandwich for my lunch.


1 comment:

Victor9000 said...

Very cool, but also a little weird, as that scene was *I think* supposed to be from the 1965 trip to England chronicled in "Don't Look Back," which opens with Dylan and Ginsberg together onscreen for the video of Subterranean Homesick Blues. Just saying, Dylan film purists may be able to overlook Blanchett-as-Dylan easier than a concocted "When the Poets Met" story.