Friday, June 29, 2007

DC Rises

Since Fugazi and Q & Not U stopped making records, it's been hard out there to rep the DC music scene (The French Kicks don't count, Adil), but finally I see hope, promise and excitement for my little burg.

I give you: Le Loup

They've been called DC's Arcade Fire, but I think you have to cut that with a touch of Animal Collective and Sufjan-esque banjo + strings affinity. But as the truism goes, writing about music is like dancing about architecture, so check the track:

http://pitchforkmedia.imeem.com/music/upNyqAgu/le_loup_fear_not/

Adding to the excitement, their forthcoming album is called The Throne of the Third Heaven of the Nations' General Assembly, which is the name of a giant aluminum foil altar constructed over four decades by a janitor in his garage on display at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. It's one of my favorite parts of DC.


3 comments:

hemanzero said...

Twior - thoroughly impressed by your tech-savvy on this post. I give you top marks and many merits.

cold4thestreets said...

Well, 9G, you've thrown it down. I like this track a lot...Let's see how the album pans out.

cold4thestreets said...

Dude, I appreciate the link, but everytime I load the page the song plays. Can we do something about that?