Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hemanterview: HeMan to Walkman

So, on Saturday I was in DC, killing time before the he-man convention that was HMZ's nuptials in frosty Pittsburgh. I was in a DuPont bar, about to head into the loo when the bathroom doors opened and one Hamilton Leithauser, lead singer of the Walkmen, walkmanned out. Seizing upon the opportunity to provide content for this blog, I thought I'd conduct an exclusive interview of my old schoolmate, which I herenow reproduce:

HL, looking quizzical, adjusting the zipper on his pants: Cold4thestreets? [ed's note: not my real name].

C4ts, feigining disinterest, refusing to be the first to recognize the other: Ham? Oh. Hey, man. What's up? How's it going?

HL: Good. Do you live here?

C4tS: No, no. I'm in the Bay Area now.

HL: Oh, I'm in the Bay Area all the time.

C4ts: Yeah, I think you guys played a show a couple of weeks ago. I was going to go, but I, like, you know, didn't.

HL, nonplussed: Yeah, I'm in New York.

C4ts: Yeah, cool...So, hey you guys are blowing up now. I mean, look at you [c4ts slaps HL somewhat more condescendingly than intended]--Spiderman 3 soundtrack, hunh? [ed's note: C4ts' tone might imply that HL is a sellout.]

HL, not pleased, turning to greet hipster girl in red wool coat: Yeah...Hey, what's up, Kitty? Where've you been?

Random guy to C4ts: Hey, man, are you going to use the bathroom or what?

C4ts: Yeah, sorry. I just bumped into this guy I know from high school. [Turning to HL] So, Ham it was good seeing you.

HL, whispering something to whispy blonde in red wool coat, distractedly: Yeah, see you, man.

Exit C4ts, begins to urinate.

2 comments:

Whatevs said...

C4tS, you've done a great service to the journalistic profession by going to law school.

coolerdanu said...

When does their new album come out?