Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Ramones Come Full Circle (and I still hate them)


So. The music that the Ramones were tongue-in-cheek "impersonating" in the style of "punk" has now started to cover them. I love this. And by loving it, I do not mean that I want to listen to it. I love that finally the whole stupid project is out in the open (though every preppie shit who wants to dress in the style of "punk" still may not catch the nuance).

Please prove me wrong, because I wish I was wrong. It is hard being this right, all of the time.

4 comments:

Whatevs said...

So wait. It's surf music that inspired guys who literally couldn't play their instruments which then inspired a surf music cover band? Why? Is there a really big market out there for people that are really into surf guitar players covering other songs?

hemanzero said...

Over-estimating American bad taste is a difficult thing.

cold4thestreets said...

Actually, while I am preternaturally disposed to argue with you, yeah, you're totally right. The Ramones are a cancer. Wait, did Joey Ramone die of cancer? If so, I don't mean that. I mean they just suck.

hemanzero said...

(shaking my clasped hands in the air in jubilation)