Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Ain't Nothin' But a Robo Hound Dog

I ran across a clip of Pop Lock and Drop It performed by animatronic animals that reminded me of childhood birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese. Apparently there is a subculture of people who bought these Rock-afire Explosion animatronic stages on eBay from the original creator and now make videos of the bands reprogrammed to perform current songs. In this clip, christhrash talks about the process of programming the robots. He doesn't go into tech, but talks about many of the movements that can be controlled with each character and his programming philosophy.



Rock-afire on Wikipedia

Other Rock-afire programmers on YouTube:
showbizpizza
looneybird78
dsfii
Snap1975

3 comments:

hemanzero said...

I anticipate many items to be cataloged under the "robots pizza furries youtube" label. Get it straight Neff, or I will boot your ass (by a majority vote in accordance with the he man oath).

Jbell said...

wow. did you watch ms. new booty? we have to see this live. He Man fieldtrip?? if there's a whole cult of people who do this stuff, there's gotta be one closer than alabama.

Neff said...

Dear Mr. hemanzero,

FUCK YOU! (I just forgot the commas. And now they're all added in there and stuff too.) I LOVE YOU!

Mr. Neff