Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whatevs' Best Of 2009

Here are all my (Whatevs) favorite songs from the final year of the aughts. At first I didn't think this was a particularly watershed year for music but after trolling through my iTunes I've settled on 39 songs that really stood out to me, and I think I've changed my initial assessment.

The order is a little crazy but I chose it to specifically call attention to each track, so there's a pretty big tonality disparity between each track. It's not a mixtape. It's a bunch of songs that are pretty different from one another. There's some rock, some R&B, some rock, some hip-hop, some rock, some alt-country, and ten other kinds of rock.

Hope you enjoy.

Whatevs' Best Of 2009

  1. "Hold The Line – Major Lazer [Guns Don't Kill People... Lazers Do]
  2. "Tremendous Dynamite – Eels [Hombre Lobo]
  3. "Two Weeks – Grizzly Bear [Veckatimest]
  4. "I And Love And You– The Avett Brothers [I & Love & You]
  5. "Make - Up" – Amanda Blank [I Love You]
  6. "Future Primitive" – Papercuts [You Can Have What You Want]
  7. "Hang You from the Heavens" – The Dead Weather [Horehound]
  8. "LBG (Little Booty Girl)" – Thunderheist [Thunderheist]
  9. "Do You Love Me (Like You Say You Do)" – Lee Fields & The Expressions [My World]
  10. "M.A.D." – Hadouken! [M.A.D.]
  11. "It Gets Your Body Movin'" – Suckers [Suckers EP]
  12. "Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare" – Matt & Kim [Grand]
  13. "Ladies" – Lee Fields & The Expressions [My World]
  14. "Kick Drum Heart" – The Avett Brothers [I & Love & You]
  15. "Jerk It" – Thunderheist [Thunderheist]
  16. "Wilco (The Song)" – Wilco [Wilco (The Album)]
  17. "Young Hearts Spark Fire" – Japandroids [Post-Nothing]
  18. "Fresh Blood" – Eels [Hombre Lobo]
  19. "Get It Right" – Breakestra [Dusk Till Dawn]
  20. "Sleepyhead" – Passion Pit [M 3]
  21. "Cocotte" – Teenage Bad Girl [Cocotte]
  22. "Feels Like Summer" – Johnny Foreigner [Grace And The Bigger Picture]
  23. "Burial" – Miike Snow [Miike Snow]
  24. "Stay Off The F*%$#n’ Flowers (feat. Raekwon)" – Blakroc [Blakroc]
  25. "Oh No" – Andrew Bird [Noble Beast]
  26. "Gazzillion Ear" – DOOM [Born Like This]
  27. "Lisztomania" – Phoenix [Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix]
  28. "Laura" – Girls [Girls]
  29. "Moth's Wings" – Passion Pit [M 3]
  30. "Boys Are Fine" – Smith Westerns [Smith Westerns]
  31. "Chillin Out Maxin" – Get Busy Committee [Uzi Does It]
  32. "California Queen" – Wolfmother [Cosmic Egg]
  33. "Blood" – The Middle East [The Recordings Of The Middle East]
  34. "Pine On" – Obits [I Blame You]
  35. "Daylight" – Matt & Kim [Grand]
  36. "Orange Shirt" – Discovery [LP]
  37. "Treat Me Like Your Mother" – The Dead Weather [Horehound]
  38. "Animal" – Miike Snow [Miike Snow]
  39. "Bye Bye Bye" – Plants And Animals [Parc Avenue]

No comments: